Effective February 7, 2014
As used in this policy, the terms "using" and "processing" information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
THE CONTENTS OF THIS SITE ARE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY.
The Site may contain health- or medical-related information which is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
- Information About You. When you browse https://pokitdok.com and do not interact with the site for any online service or product from PokitDok, you browse anonymously. Personally identifiable information--such as your name, address, phone number and email address--is not collected as you browse. When you register with us on the Site to create an account ("Account") and become a registered user ("Member"), you will need to provide us with certain personally identifiable information to complete the registration, including information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information that we may ask you to provide includes, for instance, your name, email address, other contact information. We use this Personal Information mainly to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We also use such information to identify data, resources and other content on the Site that may be relevant to you. We communicate these suggestions to you throughout the Site and through other notification methods such as email and SMS, in accordance with your privacy settings.
- Protected Health Information. It is important for you to understand that information collected by this website or disclosed by you through your use of this website will not be protected by Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA). This Site is not intended for the collection, storage or disclosure of protected health information and none of the information will be is used in connection with your medical treatment or maintained in your medical records.
- Log Data. When you visit the Site, whether as a Member or a non-registered user, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, operating system or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Services and for the Site's technical administration, to increase our Site's functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors' needs. For example, we use this information to verify that visitors to the Site meet the criteria required to process their requests.
- Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs). We or the third parties we engage to track and analyze Website data may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) to help us better manage content on the Website. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer's hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
PokitDok does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, payment processors, web analytics and improvement of the Services' features) or to assist us in analyzing how the Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. [Physician] cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena or other legal process
- Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy. We will make best efforts to give you advance notice and the opportunity to opt-out of the business transfer based on contact information you have provided.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Members may review, update, correct or delete information by making appropriate corrections on the Site. If you delete all such information, then your Account may become deactivated. You may also delete your Account in our system, in which case we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. However, we may retain a de-identified copy of your records in our systems.
We want the information that you submit to us to be secure. We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect our Site and Services, as well as the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We have also implemented robust access controls to safeguard against unauthorized access to our information systems. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time.
There are also certain steps you should take to safeguard your account and information. For example, you should select a secure password that only you know, and should always sign out of your account when finished. It is your responsibility to protect the confidentiality of your password in order to prevent unauthorized access to your account. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account and password. You should immediately change your password and notify us if you discover or suspect any unauthorized use of your account.
Special Information for California Consumers
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: email@example.com. Please allow up to thirty days for a response.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Children Under 13
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. We do not collect personal information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
When we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post the changes on this page and update the revision date at the top of the Privacy Statement.